Last updated: 9th May 2021
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement details what information we may collect, how it used and stored and your rights in relation to this information.
Who We Are
Wagtail Barn, also known as Wagtail Cottage, located at Newhouse Barton, Ipplepen, Devon is self-catering holiday accommodation owned and operated by Sarah De Mornay. All references to “we”, “our” or “us” in this document refers to the owner, Sarah De Mornay.
The Information We Collect
We may collect some of the following information from all guests aged 16 or over:
- Contact information which may include email address, phone number or address.
- Bank account number and sort code
- Passport number and place of issue
- Ongoing destination
How We Collect Your Information
The personal information we collect is provided to us:
- By the lead guest in relation to an enquiry or booking .
- By a third party accommodation booking agent who will provide contact details for the lead guest in relation to an enquiry or booking.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
- We have a contractual obligation.
How We Use Your Information
The lead guest’s contact details are used for communication in relation to the arrangement of or fulfilment of a contract to provide holiday accommodation at Wagtail Barn.
The mobile phone number and email address of the lead guest will be passed to our property managers, Bespoke Devon (http://www.bespokedevon.com/contact/), who provide housekeeping services to Wagtail Barn and will be the first point of contact if any issues arise during your stay.
Bank account number and sort code will only be requested to provide a refund of a cancelled booking or a refund of the damages deposit, when a booking was made with us directly. This information will be destroyed once the refund transaction is completed.
To comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, the full name and nationality of all guests aged 16 or over are recorded and stored for 12 months. Additionally, if you are not a British, Irish or Commonwealth guest, passport number, place of issue and ongoing destination will also be recorded.
To comply with NHS Test and Trace guidance, contact details for all guests over the age of 16 are recorded and retained for 21 days.
If you have opted to be included in marketing emails, the name and email address of the lead guest will be stored until otherwise notified. If you wish to opt out of marketing emails, please contact us via email at email@example.com
We do not share or sell your personal information with any third party other than Bespoke Devon, unless legally required to do so.
How We Store Your Information
All information is stored digitally on a secure cloud data platform. This data may also be kept on password or PIN protected digital devices, including personal computers, tablet computers or smartphones.
No paper records are retained. Any communication received on paper will be scanned, digitally stored and the originals shredded.
How Long We Store Your Information
Your information will be kept for an appropriate period dependent on the purpose for which we are using it. Contractual and legal requirements will determine the length of the period.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Contact details are shown below.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or about the information we hold about you, we may be contacted using the following details:
Name: Sarah De Mornay
Address: 54 Carpenders Close, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 3HN
Telephone: 07779 789828
How to Complain
You may complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113